Hello Hello Hello! It's that time of the month again! I'll Show You My! The monthly collab I participate in on the third Wednesday of each month! If you'd like to join in, just enter in the link up below!
I "met" Donna on a local Housewives group.. and we have so much in common! She's the sweetest and I'm so looking forward to getting to know her better!
I asked her a few (okay a lot) of questions about her blog and here are her answers!
1. Can you tell our readers about yourself and your blog?
My name is Donna Caruso. DC Caruso is my pen name. I am originally from Long Island NY where I lived for over 23 years with my husband, while we were raising our 4 children. I now reside in the beautiful state of Pennsylvania. I started my blog almost a year ago for three reasons: Firstly, I felt that I needed practice in writing. Secondly, I felt that I had some great ideas that I could pass onto my readers. Lastly, I wanted to tell my readers about my books. I felt this was a great way for an Indie Author like myself, to get the word out.2. Describe how did you first get into blogging?
I first got into blogging when I spoke to a woman on Instagram who blogs about her beautiful nails. It sounded fun to me so I decided to try it. I didn't realize so much work went into it! But now that I started, I'm hooked!
3. Can you tell me some of your strengths that really helped you in blogging?
I guess I would describe my style as contemporary. I write in the "here and the now."
5. What type of networking do you think is better to enhance your traffic to the blog?
6. What do you think is the best service a blogger can provide to his readers?
7. What would be your ideal working environment?
8. How do you manage time to run your blog efficiently?
9. What do you think is the best strategy that worked well for you to get more traffic to your blog?
10. How do you want to improve yourself in the next year?
11. What was your greatest failure and what did you learn from that?
My greatest failure would be not pursuing my dream of becoming a an English teacher years ago.
12. Tell me about your proudest achievement?
13. Who has impacted you most in blogging and how?
14. What is your greatest achievement outside of blogging?
15. How do you think I rate your blog as an interviewer?
16. What do you do in your spare time?
17. Where would you like to be in blogging five years from now?
18. What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
19. Can you name some of your favourite bloggers and explain why they are your favorites?
20. What inspired you to start your blog?
I was always curious about blogging and I believe that my curiosity was the driving force behind me starting my own. That and the fact that everytime I mentioned to someone that I was a writer, the first thing they asked was, "What's your web address."
21. How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog up and running?
I need to set time aside each week to dedicate to writing my blog and during that time, blogging will be the only thing I do.
22. Can you tell me about few sources from where you get products for review on your site?
23. What do you find the most frustrating aspect of blogging?
24. In the future where do you hope your blog will take you?
25. Have you met anyone interesting/famous on your blogging journey?
26. Do you have any specific goals for the rest of this year?
27. What is the biggest difference in your life post-blogging?
28. Did you have any professional help or did you created the blog yourself?
I did not have any help creating my blog. I used a "user friendly" site that was very easy to navigate around.
29. How active are you on a weekly basis? How often do you communicate with your followers?
I honestly do not communicate with my followers as often as I'd like to. I need to address that and work on it.
30. How much time do you spend blogging?
31. What do you think is the best social media strategy for getting more visitors to a blog?
Facebook is probably the best social media strategy for getting more visitors to my blog.
32. Would you encourage other people to make their blog?
33. Is blogging your profession or just a hobby?
34. A lot of people think that blogging is an easy way to make money online. Do you have some tips for those people who are interested in making money from the blog?
You can check out her books here.