Hello Hello Hello! It's that time of the month again! I'll Show You My! The monthly collab I participate in on the third Wednesday of each month! If you'd like to join in, just enter in the link up below!
I "met" Donna on a local Housewives group.. and we have so much in common! She's the sweetest and I'm so looking forward to getting to know her better!
I asked her a few (okay a lot) of questions about her blog and here are her answers!
1. Can you tell our readers about yourself and your blog?
My name is Donna Caruso. DC Caruso is my pen name. I am originally from Long Island NY where I lived for over 23 years with my husband, while we were raising our 4 children. I now reside in the beautiful state of Pennsylvania. I started my blog almost a year ago for three reasons: Firstly, I felt that I needed practice in writing. Secondly, I felt that I had some great ideas that I could pass onto my readers. Lastly, I wanted to tell my readers about my books. I felt this was a great way for an Indie Author like myself, to get the word out.
2. Describe how did you first get into blogging?
I first got into blogging when I spoke to a woman on Instagram who blogs about her beautiful nails. It sounded fun to me so I decided to try it. I didn't realize so much work went into it! But now that I started, I'm hooked!
3. Can you tell me some of your strengths that really helped you in blogging?
My strength that helped me in blogging, would be my gift of writing. I know how to write and I'm told I write well. ;) Plus being able to tell a story, as though I am sitting in front of a person speaking directly to them.
4. How would you describe your blogging style?
I guess I would describe my style as contemporary. I write in the "here and the now."
5. What type of networking do you think is better to enhance your traffic to the blog?
I believe that social media helps to drive the traffic to your blog. I also believe that having a catchy title or a common title will drive traffic as well.
6. What do you think is the best service a blogger can provide to his readers?
"Knowledge is power" comes to mind when I read this question The best service would be giving someone information about what they were looking up. Also making them smile by blogging about something that would be entertaining to them.
7. What would be your ideal working environment?
My idea working environment would be any place that is peaceful and comfortable. I work mostly from home, however sometimes its at my desk, my dining room table or my backyard table.
8. How do you manage time to run your blog efficiently?
I try to blog as often as my time constraints will allow. In other words, not as often as I'd like!
9. What do you think is the best strategy that worked well for you to get more traffic to your blog?
TITLES!! The title of my blogs is what I feel gets me traffic. To date, I have over 40,000 viewers.
10. How do you want to improve yourself in the next year?
I would like to write more books faster and learn how to type! I need to practice typing. I was told today by a friend I could take a course in college. That's an idea. Another friend told me there is a free typing website online that will teach me. I need to look into both.
11. What was your greatest failure and what did you learn from that?
My greatest failure would be not pursuing my dream of becoming a an English teacher years ago.
12. Tell me about your proudest achievement?
I have several proud achievements. The proudest would be the day I gave birth to my first child. That was an amazing feeling looking into the eyes of a little human you created and carried for nine months. My second proudest achievement would be the day I self-published my first book, 'The Winner.' I cant explain the feeling I got when it went "live" on amazon. I teared up...
13. Who has impacted you most in blogging and how?
My friend who does the blogging about her nails impacted me the most because she is such a professional blogger and she is so knowledgeable about the world of blogging. Not to mention, she does a great job and I enjoy reading her blogs.
14. What is your greatest achievement outside of blogging?
One of my greatest achievements outside of blogging would be raising all my children to become productive people in life. So far my oldest two are proof of that!
15. How do you think I rate your blog as an interviewer?
As an interviewer, I feel you rate my blog highly. It captured your attention enough for you to invite me in for the interview. ;)
16. What do you do in your spare time?
In my spare time I do several things. One of my all time favorite things to do is read. Second up would be to crochet. After crocheting, I'd say spending time with a girlfriend or two, chatting and drinking tea in a local cafe.
17. Where would you like to be in blogging five years from now?
In five years from now I'd like to be a well known blogger and for my blogs to be the first blog that comes when someone googles a topic I wrote about. I'd also like to make a lucrative income from blogging.
18. What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
The most challenging moment in my blogging would be trying to find the time to blog more often than I do.
19. Can you name some of your favourite bloggers and explain why they are your favorites?
The only blogger I follow at this time would be the nail blogger I spoke about. She is interesting and uses a bunch of different nail polishes that she speaks about. She is also creative with designs and she does tutorials on how to do the same designs on your own nails. I love doing my own nails therefore I love following her.
20. What inspired you to start your blog?
I was always curious about blogging and I believe that my curiosity was the driving force behind me starting my own. That and the fact that everytime I mentioned to someone that I was a writer, the first thing they asked was, "What's your web address."
21. How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog up and running?
I need to set time aside each week to dedicate to writing my blog and during that time, blogging will be the only thing I do.
22. Can you tell me about few sources from where you get products for review on your site?
I don't review products. I just talk about products that I have used for various things I've done.
23. What do you find the most frustrating aspect of blogging?
I'd love to make an income with my blogging... the frustrating thing is, I don't know how.
24. In the future where do you hope your blog will take you?
In the future, I hope my blogging will be an extension of my writing. That I will make an income with it as well. I would hope to still have information that people like to read about and I hope to keep them entertained and wanting to come back for more!
25. Have you met anyone interesting/famous on your blogging journey?
I would love to meet someone interesting/famous through my blogging. However, that has not happened
26. Do you have any specific goals for the rest of this year?
My goal would be to blog more and write at least 1-2 more books before the year is out.
27. What is the biggest difference in your life post-blogging?
The biggest difference in my life post-blogging would have to be watching the amount of viewers grow. That is very exciting to me! I check almost every day.
28. Did you have any professional help or did you created the blog yourself?
I did not have any help creating my blog. I used a "user friendly" site that was very easy to navigate around.
29. How active are you on a weekly basis? How often do you communicate with your followers?
I honestly do not communicate with my followers as often as I'd like to. I need to address that and work on it.
30. How much time do you spend blogging?
When I sit down to blog, from writing to editing to posting on all my social media sites, I usually spend about 3 hours on it- Once a week or so.
31. What do you think is the best social media strategy for getting more visitors to a blog?
Facebook is probably the best social media strategy for getting more visitors to my blog.
32. Would you encourage other people to make their blog?
I would most definitely encourage other people to make a blog. Especially writers or those who enjoy writing.
33. Is blogging your profession or just a hobby?
Blogging is more of a hobby at this point for me. I'd love to change it into a professional career!
34. A lot of people think that blogging is an easy way to make money online. Do you have some tips for those people who are interested in making money from the blog?
I read about Google Adsense a while back and it sold me on the idea that I could make money with my blog if I allowed them to post ad's on my site. It took them several weeks to approve me and at first then denied me and I had to re-apply. To date, its been a few months now and all I've earned is .47! So it doesn't work for me. But I'd love to hear what ideas everyone else has. You can check out her books here.
Do you ever see a product and wonder "what the heck is that?!" or "how do people actually buy this?!" It happens to me all the time, especially with baby gear.. Some of the things I've come across are so strange! Here are the Top 5 Weirdest Baby Products (at least in my opinion).
1. The NoseFrida - NoseFrida the Snotsucker, the doctor-developed and doctor-recommended nasal aspirator is the new standard in keeping babies naturally snot free. Ingeniously simple Swedish design features a tube that is placed against the nostril (not inside). Parents use their own suction to draw mucus out of their child's nose.
So, you suck the boogies out of your babies nose with your mouth.. Supposedly it really works. But I can't get over how gross it is!
2. The Windi - The Windi is a single-use catheter that helps babies get rid of excess gas.
Again, apparently it really works. But so weird! At least to me.. I can't be the only one?!
3. Car Seat Head Bands - Straps for your child's car seat to hold their head in place.
There's a reason CSFTL (Car Seats For The Littles) as well as car seat manufacturers say no to this product, it's insanely dangerous! But that doesn't stop it from being marketed.
4. iPotty & Apptivity Chair
So babies and toddlers can become completely dependent on technology, just like the rest of the population.
5. Inappropriate Onesies
Some may find these types of onesies comical.. And don't get me wrong there are a few that have made me chuckle, for example "Party In My Crib BYOB" but some of them really cross the line in my opinion!