Happy New Year!! Can you believe it's 2017 already??
New Year, New Badge!
• I want to work on becoming more mentally healthy. I want to get back into therapy and tackle my anxiety. I know it's going to take a lot of work, time and effort. But it's something I'm really ready to do!
• Recently I've started doing yoga. For years I've been told how amazing it is and how it really relieves stress. I was hesitant and didn't really believe it.. well let me tell you, it's incredible! I've been trying to set aside 15-30 minutes daily and it makes a huge difference! I'd like to continue that this year.
• I don't want to yell so much. I am very high strung and I get frustrated easily. I find myself snapping and yelling more often then I'd care to admit. I really plan to tone it down. There's better ways to get my point across, that others (specifically my children) would be more receptive to.
• I am extremely empathetic. I feel everything everyone else feels. When the people in my life are happy, so am I. When the people in my life are anxious, sad or angry, so am I. I've spent the past few years removing toxic relationships from my life, which has helped tremendously at alleviating some of the added stresses in my life. But everyone has issues, everyone goes through tough times and when my loved ones do, I feel every ounce of it. I plan to work on letting go of that. To not become so emotionally invested in everyone else's problems.
• We have some personal situations surrounding our family that I don't care to discuss in detail, but they have caused us quite a bit of chaos and drama. I have done everything in my power to change it.. but some people and some circumstances never change. If I have learned anything in 2016 it's that "you cant change other people, you can only change how you react to them". This year I need to focus on the family we are building and show all my kids that I love them immensely and that everything I do is for them.. First by trying to fix things for them, but now by showing them we can't save everyone and that we all deserve better than that. It's okay to move on and let people go. Never allow someone to treat you badly.
• Whole30 I began on 1.10.16 (I wanted to get through New Years and the boys birthdays) and I am extremely dedicated to finishing it out, maybe even living it beyond the 30 days. I am I'm hoping this helps with my stomach issues, on top of helping reduce my anxiety and reach the other goals/ resolutions I already mentioned. Everything begins in your gut. If I can get my core healthy, I know everything else will fall into place and be easier to focus on as well.
2017 for me will be a year of peace. A year of calm. A year to make wonderful memories. And it starts with me taking the steps to focus on only the positives. And I am so looking forward to an incredible year!
What are some of your resolutions? Comment down below and let me know! And be sure to head on over to the other ladies' posts and see what their goals are for the year as well!