- 2 lb uncooked gluten free penne pasta
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp vegan butter
- 5 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
- 1 medium yellow or sweet onion, minced
- 5 links (1lb) cooked chicken sausage, sliced
- 1 bag spinach
- 1 bag brussel sprouts
- 4 oz Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta al dente, according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage in a large skillet all the way through, remove and slice.
- Add olive oil and butter in that large skillet over medium-heat, until the butter is melted and the oil just begins to shimmer. Add the garlic and onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant- about 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped sausage back into the skillet, then add spinach and let it cook down.
- During the last two minutes of cooking, add the brussel sprouts and stir well.
- Add the drained pasta to the skillet. Stir to combine. Add the Parmesan, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve and enjoy!