So here are 10 Things You May Not Know About Me!
1. My kids are my world. This is probably not a surprise to anyone, because I say it regularly. I am obsessed with my children. Everything I do, I do it for them. I take way too many pictures and I probably talk about them way too much. I'm really not the type of mom to get a baby sitter. Once in a while they'll go with our parents for Hubs and I to have a Date Night, but otherwise I rarely ever leave them. Especially the little ones, they are always with me. And I wouldn't have it any other way.
2. My husband is amazing. Seriously, I couldn't ask for a better man for our children and I. He is hard working and provides a good life for us. He's also incredibly hands on with the kids, helps around the house, he's so romantic and super affectionate to me. And he puts up with my crazy! He is my soulmate and I couldn't be more thankful for him! Go read our Love Story for more details on this one!
3. I have horrible anxiety. It's not a competition and I'm not saying that people aren't telling the truth when they say they "have anxiety".. But when I say horrible, I mean HORRIBLE. It is a debilitating daily struggle. When I am home, I'm completely fine. When it's time to step outside my comfort zone, I panic. Legit panic.
4. I am extremely OCD. I'm talking alphabetizing DVDs, hanging clothes in color order, the toys in the toy bins are color coded, etc. Im a major germ-a-phobe, you could probably eat off my floors (not that I'd ask you to haha). And I'm also known for melting down if I'm not in control. See #3.
5. I only have a handful of friends. Lots of aquaintences, I get along with pretty much everyone.. But real friends, maybe 5? And they're the same friends I've had for a decade. Sure I've added a few new people since moving out to Pa. I've also cut people out over the past few years, because they were toxic and brought nothing positive to my life. But when I make a TRUE friend, they are a friend for life!
6. I was adopted. For a long time it really impacted my life.. Now, it's just my answer when I'm asked any family medical history questions.
7. I love food. I am probably the least picky eater you will ever meet. My kids are the same way. From a very young age they were exposed to all types of food and they eat everything! My bonus- kids who were uber picky will now try everything! They no longer turn their noses up to anything! I mean really, brussel sprouts are a favorite in this house!
8. I have 5 children, full time. I'm about to have another baby and I still don't feel "done". Everyone tells me that I will just know when my family is complete, and maybe after Squish arrives I will get that feeling. But I refuse to get my tubes tied, just in case one day we decide to try for just one more! I love being a mom, I've always wanted at least 6 kids. But I feel like I still have so much love left to give.
9. I hate confrontation. I'm horrible at it. If someone upsets me or hurts me, I just let them. I hate to argue and it's easier to just brush it off (cry about it later) and keep going with my day. But if you hurt my kids, I will raise hell! The Momma Bear instinct is real.
10. I love money.. Not in the superficial I need a lot of money, I spend too much kind of way. I love to BUDGET money. I enjoy paying bills and balancing a check book. I like to know exactly where our money goes and I pride myself on being extremely financially responsible. I have perfect credit and we've got a pretty decent savings account. We don't make a ton of money, and with a big family there isn't always extra. So I get a real rush when I save! Sales, coupons, clearance racks.. Yup all for me! Some people brag about what they bought, where they went and how much they spent. I brag about how much we save! My husband works hard to make the money, I work just as hard to make sure everything is paid for, we all have what we need and that we squirrel away for emergencies or a rainy day!
So that's it, 10 facts about me! I hope you enjoyed reading them and learned something new if you already know me!