March 29, 2017
March 28, 2017
This post was originally written for Vintage Honey Shop Blog.
When you're a stay at home Mom of toddlers, play dates are crucial! Your kiddos get the socialization they need and you get the adult interaction you crave! If you're anything like me then play dates are really the only time spent with other adults.. aside from your spouse and your UPS driver (when he delivers the 5th Amazon Prime package this week).
- Snacks- Goldfish, yogurt/ applesauce pouches, juice boxes, granola bars. Kids are happier when their little bellies are full! And for some reason when they're with other kids, they're extra hungry!
- Bubbles- But only if they can blow them themselves.. otherwise you'll be blowing bubbles for two hours rather than enjoying the company of your friend.
- Crayons and coloring books- Kids love to color! And they'll do it forever as long as they have blank pages. Make sure you're keeping an eye on them though, that is if you don't want their artwork on the walls!
- Play Doh- Though I highly recommend only doing this if the weather is nice enough to be outside! Because then once everyone leaves, you'll be picking play doh out of everything for days!
- And most importantly, wine. Or coffee. Or both! While the kiddos eat and play, Momma's deserve to enjoy a little adult beverage while they gossip!
March 22, 2017
I'm in the LuLaRoe Queue!
While I'm onboarding and waiting for my call from LuLaRoe I'm getting my office space and LuLaRoom ready! Stay tuned for a post about everything you need to start up your business!
And in the meantime I'm hosting a Giveaway! Join my Facebook group LuLaRoe By Mrs Watkins and follow me on Instagram @lularoebymrswatkins to enter the Giveaway and be kept up to date once I get my call and receive my shipment!
March 15, 2017
- Dust molding and baseboards.
- Dust ceiling corners.
- Dust/wash light fixtures and lamps.
- Wipe down ceiling fans.
- Wash doors (look for scuff marks).
- Wash walls.
- Touch up paint.
- Wash window curtains.
- Wash window blinds.
- Clean windows and screens.
- Shampoo furniture and carpets.
- Wipe down lampshades.
- Polish wood furniture and floors.
- Clean air vents.
- Dust around mirrors, picture frames, and wall hangings (I do this weekly when I dust).
- Replace light bulbs.
- Disinfect remotes and controllers (I do this weekly).
- Change air/furnace filter.
- Replace batteries in smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Clean in and under appliances.
- Empty cabinets and drawers, wipe them down, put back only what you use.
- Check expiration of all food, baking supplies and spices.
- Clean washing machine, there's a great how-to here.
- Vacuum out dryer vent/ tubing.
- File all bills, paperwork and documents and shred or burn what's not needed, you can find a what to keep list here.
- Vacuum mattresses.
- Organize closets, donate or toss any clothes you no longer need.
- Organize drawers, specifically nightstands.
- Go through kids toys, movies, books and games. Trash anything broken, ripped or missing pieces, donate what your kids don't use, reorganize what they do.
- Clean out garage. Dust, sweep, organize, toss, donate!
- Complete any big house projects (painting for example.
- Schedule chimney sweep.
- Schedule exterminator/ pest control maintenance.
- If the weather is nice, do a yard clean up. A well manicured front of house is the first impression people get/ see when they arrive.
March 13, 2017
February 28, 2017
Chocolate-Chunk Nutella Peanut Butter Cookies
Time: 2 Hours
Makes: 30 Cookies
*These taste best fresh out of the oven so I find it best to keep the dough in the fridge and only make a few at a time.